Hygiene supplement to DD36
3 Page 4
SOURCES OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
- American Public Health Association. International Health Programmes, 1015 15th
Street, NW. Washington D.C. 20005, USA.
- Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute, PO Box 140. Kingston 7, Jamaica.
- Child-to-child Programme, Room 833, Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way,
London WC1H 0AL, UK.
- Food Safety Unit, World Health Organization, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland.
- Food and Agriculture Organization (UN), Via delle Terme di
Caracalla, 00100 Rome,
- Institute of Nutrition and Food Sciences, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 2,
- Intermediate Technology Publications. 103-05 Southampton Row, London WC1B 4HH,
- Intermediate Technology Development Group, Myson House, Railway Terrace, Rugby
CV21 3HT, UK.
- International Development Research Center. Health Sciences Division, PO Box 8500,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1G 3H9.
- National Institute of Nutrition. Tarnaka, Hyderabad. 500 007. India.
- Teaching Aids at Low Cost, PO Box 49, St Albans, Herts AL1 4AX. UK.
- UNESCO Nutrition Education Programme, 7 Place de
Fontenoy, 75700, Paris, France.
- UNICEF, UN Plaza, 4/1234C, New York 10017, USA.
- Voluntary Health Association of India, 40 Institutional Area, South of
Delhi 110 016. India.
- Water and Sanitation for Health Project (WASH), 1611 N Kent Street, Room
1002, Arlington, Virginia 22209, USA.
- World Federation of Public Health Associations (c/o American Public Health
- World Health Organization, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland.
Ann Burgess, 1985. Food and Health. Associated Country Women of the World: UK.
Margaret Cameron and Yngve Hofvander. 1983. Manual on Feeding Infants and Young
Children. Oxford University Press: UK.
Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute. 1986. Nutrition Handbook for Community
Workers in the Tropics. TALC, Macmillan: UK.
Food and Agriculture Organization, 1979. Women in Food Production, Food Handling and
Nutrition; with special emphasis on Africa. FAO: Italy.
FAO/WHO Joint Expert Committee on Food Safety,1984. The Role of Food Safety in
Health and Development. WHO Technical Report Series, No. 705.
C K O Uddoh, 1980. Nutrition. Macmillan: UK.
World Health Organization, 1981. Guidelines for Training Community Health Workers in
Nutrition. WHO Offset Publication No. 59. WHO: Switzerland.
World Health Organization. 1988. Health Education in Food Safety. WHO/EHE/FOS/88.7.
Provisional edition (limited distribution). WHO.
BWINO Health Care News. 1986. Food Preservation and Storage. BWINO Health Care
News 30: 4-7. Zambia.
F K Kaferstein. 1988. Pleasures and Pitfalls of Eating. World Health, November:
Amanda Mitchison. 1987. Keeping food safe - a growing dilemma. Ceres 117( vol.
20, no. 3): 42-44.
Diane Roberts, 1987. Common Sense in the Kitchen. World Health, March: 12-15.
IDRC, 1983. Prescription for Health. (Links between sanitation and household
hygiene). VHS video, colour, 18 minutes.
World Health Organization. Food Safety Unit, 10 Golden Rules for Safe Food
Cajanus: Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute Quarterly.
CFNI, PO Box 140.
Kingston 7, Jamaica.
Fiji Food and Nutrition Newsletter. National Food and Nutrition Committee, P O
Box 2223, Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji.
Food and Nutrition Bulletin, United Nations University. Academic Publications
Services. Toho Seimei Building, 15-1 Shibuya 2-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150, Japan.
Mothers and Children, American Public Health Association, 1015 15th Street. NW,
Washington D.C., 20037, USA.
Nutrition News, National Institute of Nutrition,
Tarnaka, Hyderabad 500 007,
LIFE Newsletter. LIFE (League for International Food Education), Room 915, 915
15th Street, NW. Washington D.C. 20005, USA.
The information and illustrations in this insert are
taken from unpublished material on child survival in or near cities. prepared for